About this course
This 5 day ILT course teaches IT Professionals to design and deploy Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large environment. While they may have implemented a SharePoint deployment, they have limited experience in designing a SharePoint infrastructure. They likely work as a senior administrator who acts as a technical lead over a team of administrators. Members of this audience should have at least 6 months experience with SharePoint 2010 (including pre-released versions of the product).
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core methods for identifying business requirements and how these affect planning for a SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online deployment.
- Describe how to plan the service application architecture in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
- Describe the principles of designing to maximize performance and capacity in a SharePoint 2010 deployment.
- Describe how to successfully plan the physical components of a SharePoint 2010 deployment.
- Describe the security architecture of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online and the importance of creating a design that is based on the principle of least privilege.
- Explain how to select authentication methods in a SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online design.
- Describe how to match the managed metadata architecture in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online to business requirements.
- Describe how to plan a social computing implementation of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online that meets business requirements.
- Describe the architecture and topologies that are available to service a range of search requirements across business models.
- Describe the core functionality of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) in SharePoint 2010 and how it influences solution design.
- Describe core BI principles that will affect planning for SharePoint 2010.
- Describe how to plan for data governance in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
- Describe the considerations for developing a maintenance and monitoring plan for SharePoint 2010 that also incorporates the technologies that support SharePoint 2010.
- Describe how to develop a business continuity plan for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience administering, deploying, managing, monitoring, upgrading, migrating, and designing SharePoint servers
- At least one year’s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security
- Completed course 10174A: TS ITPro: Configuring and Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010, or have equivalent knowledge and experience