About this course
This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to design and deploy messaging solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. This course describes how to gather requirements for a messaging solution and then design the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with the current infrastructure. The course then covers how to plan and deploy the various server roles in Exchange Server 2010. You will explore the various options for implementing messaging security, policies, and compliance. The course also examines the high availability and disaster recovery options and how to develop a troubleshooting plan. Finally, the course describes how to plan the transition from earlier versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010 and the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems, including with Microsoft Office 365.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the Exchange Server messaging environment in an enterprise. This IT professional is the senior administrator, or "engineer," who acts as a technical lead over a team of administrators. This person is a third level of support in addition to the Exchange Recipient Administrator, who is the first level, and the Exchange Server Administrator, who is the second level. In an effort to ensure that end users have the best possible messaging experience, this person also evaluates new technologies and tools.
The candidate is responsible for planning and deploying the Exchange servers in an enterprise environment. He or she should have a minimum of two years of experience administering, deploying, managing, monitoring, upgrading, migrating, and designing Exchange Server.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Gather the information required to design a messaging system.
- Design the integration of Exchange Server with the current infrastructure.
- Design the deployment of the Mailbox server services in Exchange Server 2010.
- Design the Client Access server deployment.
- Design the Hub Transport server and Edge Transport server deployments.
- Plan and deploy messaging security.
- Plan and deploy a messaging policy and compliance solution.
- Plan a highly available Exchange Server 2010 deployment.
- Plan a disaster recovery solution in Exchange Server 2010.
- Develop a plan for monitoring and troubleshooting the Exchange Server environment.
- Plan and implement a transition from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010.
- Integrate Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems and with federated partners.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least two years of experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- At least six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007.
- At least two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2008.
- At least two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- At least two years of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
Experience working with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface