About this course
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2008. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and other Microsoft data platform components..
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with SQL Server 2008 and want to update their skills to SQL Server 2014, and become familiar with related Microsoft data technologies.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014.
- Leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014.
- Use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014.
- Manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell.
- Implement security in SQL Server 2014.
- Implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
- Manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Describe key elements of cloud solutions for data.
- Implement a database in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement a SQL Server database in a Microsoft Azure virtual machine.
- Implement a Big Data solution with Microsoft Azure HDInsight and the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.