About this course
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Skype for Business 2015 solution. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, Persistent Chat, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage and maintain the infrastructure, and troubleshoot issues that might arise. This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business, but it does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Skype for Business Online and how to migrate from previous versions of Microsoft Lync Server. This course helps students prepare for Exam 70-334.
The primary audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business 2015 deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions of Lync Server is beneficial but not required to take this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office 365.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are planning to take the exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015 as a stand-alone exam or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Communications certification exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture of Skype for Business 2015 and design a Skype for Business 2015 topology.
- Install and implement Skype for Business Server 2015.
- Administer and manage Skype for Business Server 2015 by using the various tools.
- Configure users and clients in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement conferencing in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement additional conferencing options, such as dial-in conferencing, Lync Room System, and Skype Meeting Broadcast.
- Implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement connectivity for external users and organizations.
- Implement Persistent Chat in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement high availability in Skype for Business 2015.
- Implement disaster recovery in Skype for Business 2015.
- Design and deploy a hybrid Skype for Business environment.
- Design and implement an upgrade from Lync Server to Skype for Business Server 2015.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering either Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Minimum of two years of experience working with AD DS
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Understanding of data networks and telecommunications standards and components