About this course
This five-day instructor-led course provides IT professionals with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops in a Windows Server small to medium-sized AD DS domain environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, configure local and remote network connectivity, and configure local and online storage.
Students also will learn how to configure security in addition to how to maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops and devices in small to medium-sized networks.
The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as AD DS domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10 also will benefit from this course. In addition, this course is intended to provide skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians (EDSTs) who work in small to medium-sized organizations, and who provide Tier 1 or Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, install, and upgrade to Windows 10.
- Perform post-installation configuration.
- Implement networking.
- Implement network security.
- Manage Windows 10 with Group Policy.
- Implement remote management.
- Manage local storage.
- Manage files and resources.
- Install and manage apps.
- Secure Windows 10.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Maintain and update Windows 10.
- Recover and troubleshoot Windows 10.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10