About this course
This 3-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
This course is intended for SQL Server database administrators, implementers, system engineers, and developers who are responsible for writing queries.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the uses of and ways to execute the Transact-SQL language.
- Use querying tool.
- Write SELECT queries to retrieve data.
- Group and summarize data by using Transact-SQL.
- Join data from multiple tables.
- Write queries that retrieve and modify data by using sub queries.
- Modify data in tables.
- Query text fields with full-text search.
- Describe how to create programming objects.
- Use various techniques when working with complex queries.
Before attending this course, students must satisfy the following pre-requisites:
- Knowledge of data integrity concepts.
- Core Windows Server skills.
- Relational database design skills.
- Programming skills