About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In addition this class will prepare the student for managing their 2012 Operations Manager infrastructure.
This course is intended for IT professionals with basic Windows Server, Active Directory and network configuration and management experience.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Operations Manager 2012 and configure global and Management Server specific settings.
- Utilize Resource Pools for high availability.
- Navigate the Operations Manager Console and Web Console.
- Perform both automated and manual agent installation on managed systems.
- Import and export management packs.
- Configure Rules, Events, Monitors and Tasks.
- Configure Reporting and create reports.
- Monitor workstations and servers using Agentless Monitoring and Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Configure and manage Audit Collection Services.
- Create Synthetic Transactions.
- Create Distributed Applications.
- Multi-home an agent.
- Configure a Gateway server for monitoring untrusted environments.
- Configure communication between management groups.
- Migrate from Operations Manager 2007 to 2012 Operations Manager.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Familiarity with PC hardware and devices.
- Experience supporting Windows-based systems.
- Basic experience authoring and editing batch and script files.
- Experience reviewing Windows application and service logs.
- Experience configuring or supporting distributed application environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 operating system and network configuration.
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory.