About this course
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stoppingExperience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).