About this course
This five-day instructor-led course is intended for desktop administrators who want to specialize in desktop deployment, configuration, and management. In this course, students will learn how to plan and deploy Windows 7 desktops in large organizations. They will also learn how to design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 7 desktop and application deployments and managing the desktop environments for large organizations. People attending this training could be support technicians or currently in deployment roles and are looking at taking the next step in their career or enhancing their skills in the areas of planning and deploying Windows 7 desktops.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to deploy Windows 7 business desktops.
- Assess and resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 7.
- Determine the most appropriate method to deploy Windows 7 based upon specific business requirements.
- Design a standard Windows 7 image by assessing and evaluating the business requirements.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using WAIK.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using WDS.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using Lite Touch Installation.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using Zero Touch Installation.
- Migrate user state by using Windows Easy Transfer and User State Migration Tool 4.0.
- Design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment.
- Plan and deploy applications and updates to Windows 7 client computers.
- Plan and deploy Windows 7 by using LTI. (Lab-Only Module)
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- A solid Windows and Active Directory background.
- A good understanding of scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- Performed a clean installation of Windows 7, Upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from Windows XP.
- Configured disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting permissions and other settings to allow access to resources and applications on Windows 7 Systems.
- Experience configuring settings to enable network connectivity
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a wireless network connection.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows 7 security.
- Configure mobile computers and devices.
- Familiarity with the client administration capabilities of Windows Server and familiar with management tools such as the System Center suite of products.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- Trained and mentored others