About this course
This course along with course Microsoft AZ-400 – Azure DevOps Engineer – Part 1 will help you prepare for Microsoft’s Azure Developer certification exam AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions.
Students in this course are interested in implementing application infrastructure, implementing DevOps processes and DevOps projects or in passing the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions certification exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Apply infrastructure and configuration as code principles
- Deploy and manage infrastructure using Microsoft automation technologies such as ARM templates, PowerShell, and Azure CLI
- Describe deployment models and services that are available with Azure
- Deploy and configure a Managed Kubernetes cluster
- Deploy and configure infrastructure using 3rd party tools and services with Azure, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, and Terraform
- Define an infrastructure and configuration strategy and appropriate toolset for a release pipeline and application infrastructure
- Implement compliance and security in your application infrastructure
- Design practices to measure end-user satisfaction
- Design processes to capture and analyze user feedback from external sources
- Design routing for client application crash report data
- Recommend monitoring tools and technologies
- Recommend system and feature usage tracking tools
- Configure crash report integration for client applications
- Develop monitoring and status dashboards
- Implement routing for client application crash report data
- Implement tools to track system usage, feature usage, and flow
- Integrate and configure ticketing systems with development team’s work management system
- Analyze alerts to establish a baseline
- Analyze telemetry to establish a baseline
- Perform live site reviews and capture feedback for system outages
- Perform ongoing tuning to reduce meaningless or non-actionable alerts
- Plan for the transformation with shared goals and timelines.
- Select a project and identify project metrics and KPIs.
- Create a team and agile organizational structure.
- Develop a project quality strategy.
- Plan for secure development practices and compliance rules.
- Migrate and consolidate artifacts.
- Migrate and integrate source control measures.
Fundamental knowledge about Azure, version control, Agile software development, and core software development principles. It would be helpful to have experience in an organization that delivers software.
It is recommended that you have experience working in an IDE, as well as some knowledge of the Azure portal. However, students who may not have a technical background in these technologies, but who are curious about DevOps practices as a culture shift, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration regardless