About this Course
This course aims to enhance existing Microsoft Word skills by covering more Specific documentation creation aspects such as working with multiple documents, formatting in tables, tab, lists, merging, section breaks, templates, and working with pictures and illustrations.
Microsoft Word 2010 Level 2 is designed for Microsoft Word users who are keen to extend their understanding and knowledge of the software beyond basic document creation.
At the completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Modify Word options
- Work with the Navigation pane
- Work with multiple documents
- Use a range of formatting techniques to position text and paragraphs
- Create and work with various types of tabs
- Define and modify lists
- Use table features to improve the layout and format of tables
- Create and use building blocks
- Create and apply styles
- Create and work effectively with themes
- Create and use templates
- Learn how to work with section breaks
- Insert headers and footers into a document
- Use the Mail Merge Wizard to perform mail merges
- Insert and work with pictures, illustrations and WordArt in a Word document
Microsoft Word 2010 Level 2 assumes a basic understanding of Microsoft Word 2010 and the creation of simple documents. It would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment.