About this course
This is a beginner’s course and aims to give the new spreadsheet user a thorough grounding in the basics of creating and working with spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel 2013. Particular emphasis is placed on developing accurate and well-designed spreadsheets employing sound design and documentation principles.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- navigate your way around Microsoft Excel 2013
- create and work with a new workbook
- open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
- understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
- understand, create and work with formulas and functions used to perform calculations
- use font formatting techniques to greatly enhance the look of a worksheet
- alter the layout of a worksheet
- print your workbook data
- create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
- obtain help for Excel whenever you need it
This course is designed for users new to Microsoft Excel 2013 and spreadsheeting as a concept.
This course assumes little or no knowledge of spreadsheets or Microsoft Excel 2013. However, it would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the operating system environment, especially in regard to working with files and folders.