About this course
The skills and knowledge acquired in this course are sufficient for the learner to be able to use Microsoft Project 2016 to create a new project, enter and work with tasks and resources, create a schedule, and print effective project information.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- start Microsoft Project and identify how it works
- explain some of the key concepts associated with project management
- create a new project file in Project
- enter tasks into a project file
- create relationships between tasks in a project
- add resources, including labour, materials and equipment to a project
- understand and use resource assignment calculations
- assign resources to tasks using a number of different methods
- print various aspects of a project
- obtain help for Project whenever you need it
This course assumes little or no knowledge of Microsoft Project 2016. However, it would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system environment. Some knowledge of working with files and folders on a computer are necessary.