About this course
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL® Service Strategy publication.
The course covers the management-level concepts and core information of the supporting activities within service strategy, but not specific details about each of the supporting processes. The main target candidate for the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- ITSM trainers involved in the on-going management, co-ordination and integration of strategising activities within the service lifecycle
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL® service strategy stage of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. Candidates who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL® (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
ITIL® training is provided by Cobitism PTY LTD, a Peoplecert accredited Training Organisation.
Copyright © Cobitism PTY LTD and AXELOS Limited 2014.