About this course
This four-MOC packaged set aligned to Modern Desktop Exam: Modern Desktop Administrator Part 1 contains courseware that helps prepare students for Exams MD-100. Passing this exam is required to earn the Modern Desktop Administrator certification.
This four-MOC packaged set aligned to Modern Desktop Exam: Modern Desktop Administrator Part 1 contains the following:
- Course MD-100T01: Installing Windows 10
- Course MD-100T02: Configuring Windows 10
- Course MD-100T03: Protecting Windows 10
- Course MD-100T04: Maintaining Windows 10
This packaged set provides students with the key knowledge to help prepare for Exam MD-100.
The audience for this course are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to install Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Perform post-installation configuration tasks.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network settings in Windows.
- Configure remote management of Windows.
- Configure and manage applications in Windows.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- Describe the methods for securing Windows 10.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Describe common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines.
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS