About this course
This course along with course Microsoft MS-200 – Planning and Configuring a Messaging Platform – Part 2 will help you prepare for Microsoft’s 365 certification exam MS-200: Planning and Configuring a Messaging Platform.
Microsoft 365 Messaging Administrators deploy, configure, manage, and monitor messaging infrastructure, permissions, client access, mail protection, and mail flow in both on-premises, hybrid, and cloud enterprise environments.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration.
The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. The Messaging Administrator collaborates with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator to implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Modern Messaging Architecture
- Deploy and Manage a Modern Messaging Architecture
- Create and Manage Exchange Recipients
- Manage Email Addresses, Lists, and Resources
- Plan for Mailbox Databases
- Create and Manage Mailbox Databases
- Manage Authentication for Messaging
- Configure Organizational Settings
- Configure Organizational Sharing
- Implement Client Access Services
- Manage Client Devices
- Configure Outlook on the Web
- Troubleshoot Client Access
- Configure Mobile Device Mailbox Policies
- Manage Mobile Device Mailbox Policies
- Configure Message Transport
- Manage Transport Rules
- Manage Mail Flow
- Troubleshoot Mail Flow
- Troubleshoot Transport Issues
- Troubleshoot with Logs
The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.