About this course
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to install, configure, and administer Microsoft SharePoint and also how to manage and monitor sites and users by using Microsoft SharePoint 2010. It will also cover the new features and functionality introduced with SharePoint 2010 Sp1 as well as Offices 365's SharePoint Online.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Online. The course is also intended for part-time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in administering Line of Business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
It also directly supports exam 70-667: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring and students wishing to achieve that certification would also be interested in taking this course.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Administering Active Directory by creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, and configuring Group Policy
- Administering network infrastructure—DNS and TCP/IP connectivity
- General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint 2010
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 through creating logons, assigning roles and using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- One year’s experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets
- General security and authentication practices