This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacentres by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
This course is also intended for IT decision makers who want to determine which virtualization product to implement in their software-defined datacenters and who want to become familiar with the System Center 2016 solution for managing virtualization infrastructure.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Microsoft Hyper-V Replica and Microsoft Azure Site Recovery.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20740 – Storage & Compute with Windows Server 2016
- 20741 – Networking with Windows Server 2016.