This course is intended for IT professionals who would like to improve their expertise in storage and compute functionality for Windows Server 2016. It will help them prepare for daily use in their role as a Windows Server Administrator and prepare them for Windows Server 2016 certifications or exams.
55324A is the equivalent of the retired MOC Course 20740C – Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Configure and install Windows Server 2016.
- Manage Server Core, server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Understand storage options.
- Manage partition table formats.
- Manage basic and dynamic disks, file systems.
- Manage virtual hard disks, and drive hardware.
- Manage disks and volumes.
- Select and manage proper storage solutions for a specific scenario.
- Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication implementation.
- Configure and Manage Microsoft Hyper-V, virtual machines, and Hyper-V containers.
- Configure disaster recovery technologies.
- Manage and Configure failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure, plan, and implement a Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Work with deployment images
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016.
- Detailed understanding of storage technologies, such as SAN, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel.
- Detailed understanding and experience with implementing failover clustering and Hyper-V.
- Experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell