The primary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
- Defining hardware and software requirements.
- Describing security considerations.
- Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilizing Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Customize the Operations Console with User Roles.
- Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
- Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure the following:
- Audit Collection Services.
- Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
- Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
- Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.