Launch Your Career in Cybersecurity
The Cybersecurity Bootcamp at Academy IT powered by Cybint is an accelerated training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry-level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path.
Developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning, the program focuses on the key skills sought by employers. The Bootcamp prepares you not only with technical knowledge, but also with the essential skills necessary for a successful career in cybersecurity.
What Will You Study?
Candidates Do Not Need:
- There is no need for any professional background from the world of computers, IT, OT, or any other technological domain.
- It is not necessary for candidates to have any programming experience, as there is no coding in this Bootcamp.
Candidates Do Need:
- Passion and a desire to learn, work hard, and push themselves to the limit.
- Curiosity to ask questions and motivation to creatively solve problems.
- Discipline and willpower. The Bootcamp is an accelerated program, which means it covers a lot of material in a short amount of time. Bootcampers need to be able to manage their time and keep up with the pace of the course.
- To be a team player. Our Bootcamp is intentionally designed to be cohort-based. While many aspects of the Bootcamp involve self-learning, we also encourage learners to work together. We find the participants who are most successful in the Bootcamp are those who actively participate and engage with their peers.
- Arguably the most important skills required for the Bootcamp are to be a self-starter and an active learner. Our Bootcamp is led by a facilitator whose role is to guide bootcampers, but not provide them with answers. A passive learner who is used to being given all the answers will have a hard time persevering in this course.
Our Bootcamp is designed to train learners not only for success during course, but for a life-long career in cybersecurity. Therefore, it is essential that bootcampers learn how to ask questions, search for answers independently, and not be afraid to fail.
You will need English reading proficiency, basic math and logic skills, and most of all, drive and motivation to learn in an accelerated environment.
After admission, bootcampers will complete the self-paced Prework module (~20 hours) before the start of the Bootcamp, where the objective is to bring everyone to the same level of technical expertise.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete this program:
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this program completion are:
- Cyber forensic analyst
- Information systems security officer
- Office systems security administrator
- Systems administrator
- Service desk security specialist
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
VET: 22334VIC Certificate IV in Cybersecurity or ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology
University: Degree in Information and Communication Technology, or Information Systems
Note: This RTO may not offer all qualifications listed above in possible pathways
As this is a focussed bootcamp and not part of the Australian Qualification Framework, there is no opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
What is the total cost?
The full retail price of the Cybint Cybersecurity Bootcamp is $12,000 (2021 pricing).
Is there government funding support?
Not for this program.
Are there payment plans available?
Yes, Academy IT provides payment support via “Study Loans”, who offer student loans to fast-track your career without losing the financial race.
To see how “Study Loans” can support you and to apply for a Study Loan, visit their site…
The Bootcamp was developed under the principle of “everything you need to know but only what you need to know.”
Cybint’s accelerated learning methodology – based on military bootcamps – focuses on teaching the specific skills required for success.
This is accomplished with:
- Practical and theoretical knowledge delivered through demos, real-world examples, videos, infographics, quizzes,
- Technical skills, frameworks, and tools taught through hands-on exercises in a safe virtual environment
- Essential soft-skills training – from teamwork to interview prep – embedded
throughout the program