The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective fields—specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general, as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 administration tools and licensing options.
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Describe and deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment.
- Describe and deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business Server2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later.
- Experience working with Office 365 key services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online.