The audience for this course includes IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for people in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students taking this course are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2019 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
- Plan and deploy Exchange Server hardware, virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders.
- Plan message transport in Exchange Server.
- Plan and deploy Client Access services in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement a highly available Exchange Server environment.
- Maintain Exchange Server by using Managed Availability and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Plan for messaging security and design and implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Microsoft Azure RMS in Exchange Server.
- Design and implement message retention and archiving.
- Design and implement data loss prevention policies, In-Place Hold, and eDiscovery.
- Design and implement messaging coexistence among Exchange Server organizations.
- Plan and implement the upgrade from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2019.
- Plan a hybrid Exchange deployment.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course 20345-1B: Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019 or have equivalent knowledge
- Minimum of two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell