This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
- Implementing reports, and managing report delivery.
- Creating business performance dashboards.
- Supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Enhance reports with charts and parameters.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.