This workshop is for IT Administrators and staff who need to plan, implement and manage migrations of on-premises resources to Azure, or to replicate Azure virtual machines to other Azure locations. They take business requests from workload owners to migrate workloads to the cloud in order to take advantage of the benefits that a cloud-enabled strategy provides over a traditional data center approach. This role requires communicating and coordinating with different individuals within an organization’s IT department and business groups, as well as vendors.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration.
- Identify the tools and services specific to each phase of the migration
- Discover and assess on-premises workloads for migration to Azure
- Obtain deeper profiling of an environment using app dependency mapping and assessment customizations
- Perform an end-to-end migration of on-premises workloads to Azure using Azure Migrate
- Replicate data from an on-premises datacenter to Azure or to a secondary site
- Migrate data from existing data sources to Azure data platforms using the Database Migration Service
- Secure and manage migrated workloads using Azure Security Center, Azure Backup, and Log Analytics
- Ensure an effective business continuity strategy that includes high availability, disaster recovery
- Back up and protect Azure IaaS virtual machines from any location using the Azure Backup Service
- Define a recovery plan to ensure virtual machines fail over properly before running a full failover.