About this course
This course is a combination of two courses to help you prepare for the Microsoft 365 certification exam MS-201: Implementing a Hybrid and Secure Messaging Platform.
Microsoft 365 Messaging Administrators deploy, configure, manage, and monitor messaging infrastructure, permissions, client access, mail protection, and mail flow in both on-premises, hybrid, and cloud enterprise environments.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration.
The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. The Messaging Administrator collaborates with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator to implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan Mailbox Migrations
- Plan IMAP Migrations
- Plan Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Perform Advanced Migrations
- Understand Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Deploy and Manage an Edge Transport Server
- Configure a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implement Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshoot Hybrid Deployments
- Plan for Message Hygiene
- Manage Anti-Malware and Anti-Spam Policies
- Manage Advanced Threat Protection
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in the SCC
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in Exchange
- Manage Exchange Online Archiving and Auditing
- Manage Content Search
- Manage Admin Role-based Permissions
- Manage User Role-based Permissions
- Plan for Exchange Setup – RBAC and AD Split Permissions
The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.