About this course
In this course you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources and how to manage external access to your Microsoft 365 system.
You will also learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment. Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions for them. The goal is to help you configure your Microsoft 365 deployment to achieve your desired security posture.
Additionally, this course discusses information rights managed content, message encryption, as well as labels, policies and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection. It also explains the deployment of Microsoft Cloud App Security.
You will learn about archiving and retention in Microsoft 365 as well as data governance and how to conduct content searches and investigations. The course also helps your organization prepare for Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This course is for the Microsoft 365 security administrator role. This role collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations and enforcement of data governance.
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance. This role focuses on the Microsoft 365 environment and includes hybrid environments.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Administer user and group security in Microsoft 365.
- Manage passwords in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Azure Identity Protection features.
- Plan and implement Azure AD Connect.
- Manage synchronized identities.
- Plan implement federated identities.
- Describe and use conditional access.
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors.
- Describe security solutions for Microsoft 365
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate your security posture.
- Use the Security Dashboard in the Microsoft Security & Compliance center.
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365.
- Configure Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Plan and deploy Mobile Device Management.
- Implement information rights management.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Deploy and manage Cloud App Security.
- Implement Azure information protection for Microsoft 365.
- Implement Windows information protection for devices.
- Plan and deploy a data archiving and retention system.
- Perform assessments in Compliance Manager.
- Manage email retention through Exchange.
- Conduct an audit log investigation.
- Create and manage an eDiscovery investigation.
- Manage GDPR data subject requests.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows 10 devices.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices.