This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 enterprise environment.
IT professionals who have obtained the credential MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge.
IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual specialities.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2008 or Widows Server 2008 R2 system administration, management and maintenance tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge
Note: It is possible to take this course without having the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential once the criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However, the subsequent taking and passing of the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This credential upgrade path is exclusively for holders of the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential