This course is intended for experienced IT professionals who are responsible for desktop and device management in medium-sized, large, and enterprise organizations and who have at least six months of experience managing Windows computers in a workplace environment or who have completed course WS-011: Windows Server 2019 Administration.
At Course Completion
- Describe the features of Configuration Manager, explain where it fits within the Microsoft Endpoint Manager suite framework, and identify the changes since System Center Configuration Manager version 1810.
- Navigate the Configuration Manager console and explain where each of the major features of Configuration Manager can be configured.
- Install and use the Configuration Manager console and CMTrace.
- Prepare the Configuration Manager infrastructure for client deployment, including the configuration of boundaries and boundary groups, resource discovery, resource collections, and the relevant site system roles.
- Explain the various deployment methods for the Configuration Manager client, select a client-deployment method appropriate for the organization’s environment, and implement the selected method.
- Configure Configuration Manager client settings.
- Monitor Configuration Manager client health.
- Implement asset-management features of Configuration Manager, including hardware and software inventory, Asset Intelligence, and software metering.
- Create and use data and status message queries and perform real-time device queries by using CMPivot.
- Implement and use reporting features in Configuration Manager.
- Windows client and Windows Server administration skills.
- An understanding of Windows networking fundamentals, including common protocols, routing, and IP addressing.
- Basic Active Directory-management skills.
- A basic understanding of common Windows Server roles, features, and services.
- An introductory-level understanding of Windows commands, scripting, and PowerShell syntax.
- An introductory-level understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) security concepts.