This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server and are looking for a single five-day course that covers core administration components and technologies in Windows Server 2019. This course also helps server administrators from previous Windows Server versions to update their knowledge and skills related to Windows Server. The course is also to individuals from a service desk role who wish to transition into server maintenance.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use administrative techniques and tools in Windows Server
- Implement identity Services
- Manage network infrastructure services
- Configure file servers and storage
- Manage virtual machines using Hyper-V virtualisation and containers
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Apply security features to protect critical resources
- Configure Remote Desktop Services
- Configure a virtual machine-based desktop infrastructure deployment
- Implement remote access and web services
- Implement service monitoring and performance monitoring and apply troubleshooting
- Perform upgrades and migration related to AD DS, and storage
- Some exposure to and experience with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts and technologies in Windows Server.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).