The PY is structured over a minimum of 45 weeks that include the following:
ACS Online Orientation:
This orientation is delivered by ACS and will take you through the course outcomes and expectations to successfully complete the program.
(1 day per week for 32 weeks / 252hrs)
The 32 weeks of training is delivered by Academy IT’s experienced and qualified instructors and covers the following main topics:
Communication and Performance in the Australian Workplace
Includes – Workplace health and safety, working in teams and participation in team meetings, negotiating skills, preparing and delivering presentations
Entry and Advancement in the Australian Workplace
Includes – learning Australian values and employer expectations, job searching & networking, resume/cover letter preparation and interviewing skills (delivered by an industry recruitment specialist)
(12 Weeks / 220hrs)
Internship placements are organized and managed by Academy IT through their extensive existing links and relationships with a South Australian based organisations. Academy IT are well placed and highly respected by many employers as they have been providing a full range of IT technical training to employed IT Technicians & Developers for over 12yrs.
(13 Weeks Online)
Professional Environments is provided and supported by an ACS/ICT mentor and will begin once the Internship Placement has commenced. During this part of the program – students will participate in group discussions around Project Management, Professional Ethics and Risk Aversion in an Australian workplace environment.
Extra Bonus opportunity (and not available from ANY other Professional Year provider):
Academy IT PYP participants will also be offered the opportunity to attend any number of in-class IT Technical courses we conduct as per our ongoing training for corporate clients, or access online technical courses for a very small fee.*
This includes technologies such Server, SQL Server, Azure, Office 365, SharePoint etc.
These trainings are normally up to $4500 each and Academy IT PY students will only need to pay the cost of the official Microsoft workbook and an administration fee to attend. This will provide opportunities to not only acquire formal vendor skills in these technologies, but will also enable our PY students to network in class with IT Technicians from a range of organisations already working in the industry.
This will be a complimentary bonus to your PY development – these Microsoft courses are optional (not part of the official PY Program and fees) and conditions do apply for attendance.
If you are interested in the ACS – Professional Year Program or if you have any friends that may be interested, please contact Academy IT for more information and program fees – 08 7324 9800
The PY Program is an option for those who wish to gain points towards their skilled migration. PY is equivalent to one year of relevant work experience when undertaking skills assessment for migration.
Graduates whom successfully complete the full PY may be eligible for 5 points under an eligible skilled occupation, as specified by the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and successful completion of the PY does not guarantee job placements.
To enrol in the PY Program, applicants:
- must have completed at least two (2) years of tertiary education in Australia in a related IT field
- must hold an Australian visa which allows for full work and study rights. Priority is given to those holding a 485 Skilled Graduate Visa or Bridging Visa to the graduate visa
- must meet the minimum English language test scores for a Temporary Graduate Visa (485). IELTS example: Overall minimum score of 6.0, with nothing below 6.0 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing).
- Laptop/Notebook computer
- Operating system – Window 7 (or higher) or OSX Lion (or higher)
- 11 – 15-inch screen (13 inch recommended)
- 2.0 GHz Processor, Core i3 processor (or higher)
- 2GB of RAM (4+GB preferred)
- Web browser (up-to-date)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Up to date Anti-Virus Software
- Minimum 4-hour battery life
- Word Processor (MS Word or similar/compatible)
- Presentation program (MS PowerPoint or similar/compatible)