Secure Your Future With A Career in I.T.!
Every part of our world is now connected – we live and work online.
The call for highly skilled infrastructure experts is urgent, and this need is expected to increase for many years to come. New technologies, the sudden need for many to work from home and more businesses using the ‘cloud’ mean there has never been a better time to become part of highly skilled career ensuring we remain connected.
Public and private organisations require skilled staff to design, build, administer and manage an infrastructure that needs to be ‘always on’. Your interest in technology means you are in the box seat for a lifetime career.
What Will You Study?
As a student of our industry-built certificate iv information technology qualification, you will be introduced to current technologies and tools providing you advanced technical and hands-on skills that can be immediately applied for any business or organisation upon graduation.
As Academy IT has delivered vendor-based training since 2007, you will undertake studies built upon best practice and cutting-edge vendor based and open-source tools.
You will learn…
- Identifying suitable emerging technologies
- Applying ethics and privacy
- Design strong risk management
- Customer support management
- Network operating systems design and implementation
- Connecting and configuring hardware
- The role of a support desk in customer satisfaction
- Identifying and resolving cyber security incidents
- Threat analysis and response
- Business Continuity
- Applying IP, ethics and privacy requirements
- Developing and managing service level agreements
- Security architecture and frameworks
- Introductory programming techniques
The key clients for this qualification are people who have entry level knowledge and skills in IT wishing to build on those skills to better support the organisations and take advantage of possible advancement opportunities into Systems Administration positions.
This group may include:
- school leavers
- unemployed workers
- recent migrants
- people who wish to enter a new industry
- employed persons looking for confirmation of skills and knowledge
- people who wish to up skill
Students must be 18 years of age or older and have completed a relevant Certificate III in an ICT or related qualification or have six months industry experience.
Applicants for this qualification without relevant formal qualifications or experience may be requested to undertake a pre-assessment of industry knowledge and skills prior to enrolment to ensure the required foundational knowledge is in place to build upon with this Certificate IV level study.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification:
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification are:
- Information systems security officer
- Office systems administrator
- Systems administrator
- Service desk specialist
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include:
VET: ICT50120 Diploma of Information Technology or other related Diploma
University: Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, or Bachelor of Information Systems
Note: This RTO may not offer all qualifications listed above in possible pathways
For RPL to be granted, the course applicant must provide quality evidence that s/he:
- Has attained the competencies described in the unit/s of competency that are being claimed
- Possesses current competency in the unit/s that are being claimed
- Possesses the required underpinning knowledge specified in the unit/s of competency
- Has applied the relevant competencies in a context that is applicable to their area of specialisation in resource and infrastructure.
The evidence, which has been gathered by the assessor or the candidate, as proof of current competency may take a variety of forms and could include certification, references from past employers, testimonials from clients and work samples.
The assessor must ensure that such evidence complies with the rules of evidence, namely that it is authentic, valid, reliable, current and sufficient.
AIT offers a simple but methodical RPL process which is outlined in its Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) policy.
|ICTICT443||Work collaboratively in the ICT industry|
|ICTICT451||Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|BSBCRT404||Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes|
|ICTICT426||Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices|
|ICTPRG302||Apply introductory programming techniques|
|ICTSAS432||Identify and resolve client ICT problems|
|BSBXCS404||Contribute to cyber security risk management|
|ICTSAS442||Provide first-level remote help desk support|
|ICTCYS402||Identify and confirm cyber security incidents|
|ICTCYS406||Respond to cyber security incidents|
|ICTSAS443||Support operating system users and troubleshoot applications|
|ICTSAS446||Fault find and troubleshoot ICT equipment, hardware and software problems|
|ICTICT445||Connect and configure devices and hardware components|
|ICTSAS436||Evaluate ICT system status|
|ICTSAS438||Implement maintenance procedures|
|ICTSAS441||Support ICT system software|
|ICTPMG411||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTICT446||Apply ICT service management principles|
|ICTICT440||Develop service level agreements|
|ICTSAS433||Update ICT client support procedures and assist with policy development|
What is the total cost?
The full retail price of the Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking and Cyber Security) is $8995 (2021 pricing).
Is there government funding support?
Pay only $1995 if you qualify for the JobTrainer program, or $3995 if you qualify for the Skilling SA program!
To be eligible for funding, students need to be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
- 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
- undertaking training through a training contract
Further eligibility information for Skilling SA is provided here –> skills.sa.gov.au.
Further information on JobTrainer is provided here –> JobTrainer info.
Eligibility will be verified as part of the enrolment process.
Are there payment plans available?
Yes, Academy IT provides payment support via “Study Loans”, who offer student loans to fast-track your career without losing the financial race.
To see how “Study Loans” can support you and to apply for a Study Loan, visit their site…
If you’ve ever had a desire to work in the information technology industry, becoming a qualified network systems administrator and support technician provides a clear entrance to a sought after career.
Public and private organisations are searching for people just like you with the skills to build and maintain their infrastructure. Are you ready to level up your life?
If you are ready to enrol and take your career to the next level, or would like some more information, complete the form or call us direct on 08 7324 9800.