The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies. Developers that deliver content from SQL Server databases will also benefit from this material.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server
- Describe database languages used in SQL Server
- Describe data modelling techniques
- Describe normalization and denormalization techniques
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design
- Describe the effects of database design on performance
- Describe commonly used database objects
This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.